International Students

Campus Life

Part-time Job

Basically, in Japan, persons with a residence status of “Student” are not permitted to work because their activities are restricted only to study and research. If you get “Permission to Engage in an Activity Other Than That Permitted Under the Status of Residence Previously Granted” beforehand in Japan, you are allowed to work less than 28 hours per week (up to 8 hours per day during summer, winter, and spring breaks). Note that you are prohibited from working on the adult entertainment business such as pachinko parlors, cabarets, hostess clubs, etc. (However, the situation that you are sent to those places as a staff of cleaning company is excluded from that rule.) You don’t need to take the permission when you work as Teaching Assistant or Research Assistant under the contract with Shizuoka University.

To the top of the page